And by “learned” I *probably* mean “realized”. Same difference, right?
1) I used to think I wasn’t much of a risk taker, but I think moving across the country kind of dispelled that.
2) While I miss my family and friends back in Missouri, I sure do not miss the weather. AZ is glorious! It was 70 degrees today! In December! (I know, I know, just wait for the summer. But I moved here in the summer and guess what…I was inside most of the time. God bless the AC.)
3) I moved too soon because apparently a Hurts Donut has moved into Springfield and all of their donuts look so damn delicious. (Thanks to my friends posting pics of the donuts on Instagram. Maybe you could send me one via mail?)
OM NOM NOM NOM
4) You would think that after working in a cupcake shop for almost 6 months I would be sick of sweets but nooooope. They’re just too yummy for their own good.
Exhibit A of yumminess.
5) Books are my one true love.
6) I’m turning into a cat person. But I still love dogs!
How could you not turn into a cat person? Look at those faces!
7) After the boyfriend went back to Missouri for a month to work with his dad to help us out financially, I realized that I would rather be poor and together than financially stable and apart. (Although ideally I want to be financially stable AND together).
8) I can never tell if a SnapChat is meant for me personally or is part of a group SnapChat.
9) I don’t think I would like working in the library so much if I hadn’t started out in the Circulation department at The Library Center.
10) I think my work email might be the most professional thing about me.
11) Jack In the Box has the best iced coffees ever. I know it’s more than likely not real coffee, but if it’s wrong then I don’t want to be right.
12) Nothing brightens my day better than getting a letter from a friend. I hope to do more letter writing in 2014!
13) I’m 25 years old and I can’t save money for shit. That has got to change.
14) If you decorate a room with white Christmas lights, it creates a nice ambiance. Seriously, try it.
15) Trying to put together a family tree is like trying to solve a ginormous puzzle. And I love puzzles! (And Ancestry.com!)
16) Pinterest is really inspiring, but also really intimidating.
17) Buzzfeed is my new go-to website (when I’m not on Pinterest).
18) Life can be difficult but how you react to the difficulties is what makes the difference.
19) You still need a jacket in Arizona, because it can get down to like 40 degrees.
20) Heated seats are amazing (see #19).
21) Fuel points are the best. I saved 20 cents/gallon at the pump last time I got gas!
22) Being an adult is hard, but it’s *kind of* worth it because you can pretty much do whatever you want, like have a no-pants day everyday.
23) “The Mindy Project” is my show when “Girls” is in the off-season.
24) I have the best people in my life. Thank you to everyone who loves me and supports me in everything I do, and doesn’t question my sanity (at least not to my face…see #1).
25) 2013 was the year of change, but 2014 is going to be the year of awesome happenings!
Cheers to a bright and wonderful new year!